IATA-Aviation Safety Fundamentals
This course will provide you with a basic understanding of the general principles and concepts of safety to help you develop a ‘safety conscience’. With this new knowledge, you will feel more confident about discussing the role of safety in aviation, as well as ensuring you are ready to take your first steps in a safety career. The course will cover key safety topics and through practical examples, demonstrate how these relate to roles within the aviation industry. Not only will this help you develop your safety leadership capability, but it will also enable you to engage and contribute towards a positive safety culture.
This course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.
- This course requires approximately 20-25 hours of study to be completed in 1-2 months from the date of enrollment.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
What will you Learn ?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Describe the importance and regulation of safety in the aviation industry
- State the basic principles of aviation safety including: its definition, why you would use a Safety Management System (SMS), and the requirements and components
- Explain safety policy and objectives including management commitment, responsibility and safety accountabilities
- Discuss the importance of a positive safety culture
- Describe safety working practices and procedures implemented in the aviation industry
- Describe how personal responsibility contributes to a safety conscience and a safety-conscious workplace.
Who should attend ?
This course is recommended for:
- Entry-level aviation employees
- Newly hired staff working in airlines, airports and ground handlers
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 2.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2