IATA-Ground Operations Management
Develop integrated operational and management skills on Ground Ops functions as Service Provider or as Airline Ground staff; Benefit from a selected combination of Ground operations related courses; Key Topics. Airside and Landside Operations; Station Management; Collaboration between and Airlines and Ground Service Providers; Team management skills. Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
This course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.
- This course requires approximately 60-70 hours of study to be completed in 4-5 months from the date of enrollment.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
Participants are recommended to have at least 2 years of professional experience across ground handling functions.
What will you Learn ?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your station’s handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
- Use and work with the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) which is included in the course price.
Who should attend ?
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2